19 July 2007

Crossroads of Time

While preparing to leave for college in January of 1980, the fact that I’d leave family and friends behind to attain new goals and establish new relationships inspired the following lyrics. The whole process of writing words, chords, melody, and rhythm into this song took less than forty minutes. Unfortunately, since the music isn’t recorded anywhere, only the visual/lyrical portion is here represented.


None of the words I rehearsed for today
Were able to say
My soul’s deep desire;
All the good things I wanted to share
To tell you I care
Consumed me like fire.

Here our paths part at the crossroads of time
Your presence leaving mine
To pursue God’s will;
Distance between us pains both heart and mind
Yet to God passing time
Stands quite still.

Winding down the road that soon leads to home
We’ll no longer roam
On our long journey;
For God will hold us in His mighty palm
’til our worries all are calm
In Eternity.

© JFS 1980

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant.

When are you going to cut a CD, Uncle Jim ? :D

-Michelle